Thursday, June 4, 2009

One Missed Call

A missed phone call at one in the morning...
what kind of conversation would it have been?
The thought of your voice makes my bones ache.
I almost forget that I'm glad you had to go away.

This town is too small for the both of us now...

How have you been... How is your head?
You were losing it so fast.
I hope that that you laid your habits to bed.
It just wasn't my responsibility... Wasn't worth my time.

This room is too small for these feelings now...

Me? I'm looking for a new place to settle.
Looking forward to being alone for little.
I feel good things coming... The bad is almost gone.
Playing this guitar and listening to that one about the Blood Bank.
The song we used to love. making me ill.

The need for you has grown too small now...

Erased a missed phone call at six this morning
what kind of conversation would it have been?
The thought of your voice makes my heart ache.
I almost forget that I'm glad you had to go away

No comments:

Post a Comment